[opensuse-buildservice] May open build service be used to build Whonix (debian derivative) VM images?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 16:07:03 +0000
Hi!

Whonix [1] is a derivative of Debian.

Its VM build script needs:

- mount (device-mapper), but I guess that would not be a problem, since
open build service is based on KVM?

- sudo (not just fakeroot) - is it available?

- quite some load (hdd load, traffic load [downloading packages from
debian repositories], build time [takes some time to create a whole vm
image] - would that be a problem? Your servers are accustomed to
building SUSE vm images, but as far I understand its architecture is a
bit different and you might be using packaging caches and such.

Using open build service as a CI service that is capable of building VM
images would be very helpful to Whonix!

What do you think? Would Whonix VM builds be welcome on open build
service servers?

Cheers,
Patrick

[1] https://www.whonix.org