Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build-compare forces republish for new commit and new rpm
On 12.11.2014 09:57, Olaf Hering wrote:

I wonder why its important to republish a package which just had a new
commit. If the resulting binary package is identical there is no need to
republish, just because the rpm %RELEASE string happens to differ.
The list of checked tags is not complete and so you never know what the
commit was about.

Similar for a new rpm version in the build tree. Why would that require
a republish of the entire tree? I mean the install stack has to cope
with old rpm packages anyway, no matter which version of rpm was used to
create these packages.

We don't test all header values so you just don't know if the rpm is
complete or not. And to avoid that problem we flush the build-compare
for new rpm versions.

I think you're overoptimizing.

Greetings, Stephan