[opensuse-buildservice] Re: build-compare forces republish for new commit and new rpm
On Mittwoch, 12. November 2014, 10:12:47 wrote Andreas Schwab:
Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> writes:

On Mittwoch, 12. November 2014, 09:57:13 wrote Olaf Hering:
Similar for a new rpm version in the build tree. Why would that require
a republish of the entire tree? I mean the install stack has to cope
with old rpm packages anyway, no matter which version of rpm was used to
create these packages.

It is a matter of taste, it is in any case cleaner to have only rpm packages
inside of a distro which are build all by the same rpm version.

This is only guaranteed if you force a rebuild of all packages after a
version update of rpm.

complete different topic, but we use to build final distros with transient
build mode anyway. And rpm-build is a required base package.

(AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg
Germany