[opensuse-buildservice] Re: How do I go about packaging Bitwig Studio?
On Mon 10 Nov 2014 06:21:19 PM CST, Roger Luedecke wrote:

On Mon, 2014-11-10 at 15:44 -0600, Malcolm wrote:
On Mon 10 Nov 2014 12:40:01 PM CST, Roger Luedecke wrote:

I've never really tried packaging anything before, but I'd really
like to make Bitwig Studio available. I've successfully converted
Bitwig Studio from .deb using alien. I also found a Fedora guy who
has been building RPM for it, and I'll attach his spec file. If I
understand his .spec, it'd require the inclusion of the .deb which
if I remember we aren't allowed to put proprietary software in OBS.
This is a very impressive piece of software, so I'd like some
guidance.
Hi
That's a commercial package? as in not free....

Yes, I understood that. However we have packages for many other
non-free softwares. It seems that they had used some sort of
downloader script to pull what is needed.

Hi
Non free as in can be distributed without fee, warranty etc but only
pre-compiled (as in a blob etc).

That is a product that is sold as a commercial product, there is no free
download link except for a trial version. I don't see any links
relating to distribution.

What your indicating is that I can download, say the fluendo codec
bundle for example and re-distribute that? Don't think so ;)

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° LFCS, SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 12 GNOME 3.10.1 Kernel 3.12.28-4-default