Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Need an RSA key for openssl signing, please create a new key
On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 20:01 +0100, Jörg Lorenzen wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem with building KMP-packages for openSUSE 13.2 and higher
(Factory).
When I branch e.g. package virtualbox from project Virtualization, the
build process ends
successfully for repositories < 13.2, but fails for openSUSE 13.2 with
following message:

"Need an RSA key for openssl signing, please create a new key"

Non-KMP-packages are build successfully for all repositories, it only
fails for packages
that provide kernel object files.
Is there anything I forgot as I added repository for 13.2 or is this an
error in OBS?

I ran across that one recently; you will have to create a new signing
key; nowadays, it creates also a RSA key:

osc signkey --create <project>
(signkey --create does not mention sslcerts to be created, but seems it
does do it without further instructions).

I suggest <project> to be your home: directly, its keys are inherited by
every subproject,

Once done, you can verify your success using
osc signkey --sslcert <project>

If it outputs something, then you were successful.

Cheers,
--
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>