Re: [opensuse-buildservice] systemd detection 1/2

On November 1, 2014 9:28:35 AM EDT, Hans Witvliet <suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

It seems that I hit a snag, that as a noob I am not able to solve.
Let me first explain that, until now, I only used the web-interface.

I cloned one of the existing packages with succes:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:testhans:network:network:vpn/openvpn

As you can see, they all build successfully, even 13.2 and sles12

So i dared to try to build the latest release (not to be found
anywhere
else on the obs)
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:testhans:network:network:vpn/openvpn-next

After some tweaking the spec-file, some build succeeded
But those using systemd failed.

Initially, i assumed PEBKAC, but next I checked upstream, and they said
if i used ./configure with --enable-systemd all should be fine
Next the dev's wrote because it used to work, and still works for
non-systemd, the original author of previous patch should correct it.

However, that author blames the build-environment, the obs.
I'll forward his conclusion next to the list...