Re: [opensuse-buildservice] submitting a specific revision does not work
On Mon, Oct 21, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a. Dimstar wrote:

Quoting Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>:
What does it check to verify if rev N is good? I see its been 6 hours
between 242 and 243. To me it looks like something never attempts to
built what was actually submitted. Are you saying OBS just waits for
results in the origin, instead of building the submitted, different
sources once more? If so, that smells like a error.

The verification is rather simple:
- Does rev N as submitted build

This is probably what should happen, but its not whats happening today.

rebuilding stuff on submit does not sound like the best plan neither.. The
main question should probably be: why was there a rev 243 checked in and why
would this not be important enough to be forwarded (well in fact it WAS
forwarded, but the request was declined (by me) for not following the
packaging guidelines).

IF this request would have been accepted, what would have been the point of
rev 242? Are we just having a meta-discussion here?

I dont think so. Its not so much about this specific package.

If 'osc sr -r N' does not work, whats the point of having it? Perhaps
the checks for Factory are just incomplete. As I said, if submitted rev
does not match HEAD, then the checker should use and build "submitted
rev" instead of looking at something that was not submitted.

Olaf