Re: [opensuse-buildservice] building xz requires xz
On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 12:49:14PM +0200, Juergen Weigert wrote:
On Oct 16, 13 11:59:01 +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2013, 10:57:03 schrieb Ruediger Meier:
On Tuesday 15 October 2013, Brian K. White wrote:
Come on, building xz requires xz ?

I maintain a project for many targets where xz and tar is only built if
it's needed to let it work with xz compressed sources. You could
aggregate the packages from there
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:rudi_m:bldchn

xz itself cannot sanely buildrequires xz!

The self-dependency is quite obvious:
xz upstream choose to compress their tar ball with xz itself.

Why do you claim that? Upstream does provide gzipped, bzip2ped and
xzipped tarballs, so it was pure maintainer's decision to pickup xz
archive.

BTW: I have already submitted request for a change, which uses
http://tukaani.org/xz/xz-5.0.5.tar.gz, just not yet accepted.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil
< Previous Next >