Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Can we fix the Tumbleweed builds
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 10:28:50 +0200
Am 03.10.2013 17:40, schrieb Greg KH:
On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 04:53:57PM +0200, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a.
Dimstar wrote:

Quoting James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Tumbleweed hasn't built for days. It seems to have an incredibly low
priority, so it mostly gets one or no build jobs and there's something
changing in Factory that's causing it to require almost a complete
rebuild every couple of days meaning it hasn't really been making much
progress. Could we update it to a higher priority and allow it to use
more build jobs so it has a chance of completing a build before the next
update?

Changes in Factory do not trigger rebuilds in Tumbleweed; TW is
based on openSUSE 12.3.

Yes, sorry, something is changing in 12.3-updates that is causing
Tumbleweed rebuilds, which is normal, and annoying :)

A lot of resource is likely allocated at the moment to
openSUSE:13.1; which, as some might argue, is about the flagship of
where resources should go at this moment.

Even if Tumbleweed has a higher build priority of personal builds? I've
been able to get personal packages build almost instantly yesterday, no
delay from the scheduler at all, while Tumbleweed is still stalled.
That implies something is up with the scheduler, right?

Well, there are some things that work towards your personal packages:
- source commits have a *much* higher priority than rebuilds
- larger repos get a load penalty, so that smaller repos have a
chance too
- at the moment there are just a lot of small repos with source changes

One thing that annoys me personally is that source changes in
Kernel:HEAD trigger also rebuilds of all the obsolete branches, but all
my delete requests for such projects are gently ignored.

Greetings, Stephan