Re: [opensuse-buildservice] recursive project reference
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:10:34 +0000
On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 03:03:08 +0000, John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

self:
hack --> redo
redo --> self

self ------> repo

Though indirectly, hack still loops back to self, via redo.

But that still leaves a question: what of build-only packages in hack;
redo won't see them to bootstrap against them. Solving that problem
in general seems to require a recursive or circular project reference.
Ugh, there we go again ...

To make OBS complete, what's needed is a terminating repo reference.
IOW, look at all the packages/aggregates/links in the repo, but don't
follow any of its repo/project chains.

That would solve the bootstrap problem while eliminating the need for
recursive project references.

It would also simplify my project organization. I expect others would
find it useful too.

--
Webmail for Dialup Users
http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html