Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yet Another Build Service Client
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 20:59:37 +0100
On Thursday 28 February 2008 20:38:57 wrote James Oakley:
I have written a build service client using PyQt4 and Osc.

It's intended purpose is to report status information of projects and
packages, and it is geared towards packagers who maintain more than a few
packages.

You can get RPMs via software.opensuse.org:

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3A10.3&p=1&q=yabsc

Or you can download the source package from
http://www.funktronics.ca/yabsc/

It's quite a bit rough around the edges. It currently shows results for one
target of a project at a time and the osc calls block, which means that the
whole interface pauses while waiting for API calls to complete. I have
ideas for solving both of these issues, but I decided to just release it
now, to get feedback from anybody who might find it useful.

hey, cool stuff :)

Do you have some interesst in maintain it in our usual opensuse svn on
forge.novell.com ?
It might help for more cooperation and can be developed together with osc.
Maybe you can also integrate the project monitor (also written in python Qt ;)
from Dirk Mueller and Klaas Freitag together with them ?

bye
adrian