Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Mono Build for RHEL5 does not include libgdiplus0 dependancy
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:38:10 +0100
Michael Clemente wrote:
I stumbled across the OpenSuse Build Service and was happy to see
current builds for mono on RHEL5/CentOS5. However, unlike other
platforms listed under the Mono directory, RHEL5 does not include xsp
and mod_mono. While it would be nice to have them built as well, they
are easy enough to build from source, so no problem. So I went to
install mono-core. However, the dependancy of libgdiplus0 could not be
found. In the other platforms, a build of libgdiplus0 is included along
with the rest of the Mono distribution.

What is the process for requesting something of this nature?

If you register and log in at http://build.opensuse.org/, you can see
that there's a libgdiplus0 package [1], but it currently doesn't build
on RHEL5 [2]. FYI these are the last lines of the log:

checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for DGifOpenFileName in -lgif... yes
checking gif_lib.h usability... yes
checking gif_lib.h presence... yes
checking for gif_lib.h... yes
checking for DGifOpenFileName in -lungif... yes
checking for gif_lib.h... (cached) yes
checking for libpng12... yes
checking for LIBEXIF... yes
configure: error: "Failed to compile with X11/Xlib.h include. You must
fix your compiler paths"

So the process is to fix the build break ;-) or make the maintainer
(listed on [1]) aware of it.

hth,
Michal

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=libgdiplus0&project=Mono