[opensuse-buildservice] Duplicities in BuildService
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:34:57 +0100
Hi all!

I read today that TrueCrypt 5.0 is out. I immediately checked
BuildService and found 4 different packages:

project | version
-----------------+-------------------
home:vitsoft | 4.3a
security:privacy | 4.3a + patches
home:lluke123 | 5.0
home:bbendix | broken (no source)

I'm sure that this situation happens for other packages as well.
Would it be possible to show some kind of warning when creating new
package, like "package 'foo' already exists in project 'bar'" (with
hyperlinks to package and project). But this would be just warning, so I
still can my own build if I really want. I think this will bring several
benefits (if users started to cooperate more):
* reduced waste of human resources
* reduced hardware requirements (disk space, build power)
* increased quality of packages (more updates, current versions)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer Lihovarska 1060/12