Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:30:22 +0100
On 2008-02-02 15:17:16 +0100, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008, Marcus Rueckert wrote:

Workarounds are a lot. But the problem is not fixed by these. Under
special
conditions this bug may cause hard to track build errors, thus I reported
it. Saving a "This build environment is xxx"-file somewhere in the
build-dir should fix the problem.

can you give examples? testcases?
please be more detailed. such vague statements dont help us to improve
the software.

Call

osc build openSUSE_10.2 i586 whatever.spec

Now do a

osc build openSUSE_10.3 i586 whatever.spec

osc will not recognice, that the build environment is totally different
and mixes the requirements, which will usually fail totally. But what if
it does not fail? Then the result will be very confusing.

Sure "--clean" in the call fixes this. But a better solution would be to
have a file e.g. ".environment-type" somewhere (e.g. in build path) and
this contains "openSUSE_10.2 i586". Now when the environment is different,
it should be cleared. Pretty straightforward I think :-)

the problem is not the rpm cache and all that the trouble makers are the
rpms _installed_ inside the chroot.

and that would be happily solved with just using the build-root option
in the .oscrc which i already described on the list. i dont think it
should auto clean any chroot.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux