Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] How to respond to the Novell rumors
  • From: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 23:24:47 +0900
Bryen M. Yunashko wrote:

Several of you have contacted me requesting aec on how to respond to
questions about the rumors of a Novell sale. Below, you can read my
talking points on this subject which should help you give proper
answers.

One of the important things which we should remember is, openSUSE
project and community will *by no means* sold. Novell owns 'SUSE' and
'openSUSE' as trademarks, but *doesn't own* project and community itself
at all. Even the "strategic buyer" (if the rumor is true) won't own
openSUSE project and community, either.

Best,

--
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
_/_/ Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/