Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] meetings, conferences and more - INPUT NEEDED!
  • From: Satoru Matsumoto <helios_reds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2010 13:09:56 +0900
Hi Jos,

(2010/09/09 7:02), Jos Poortvliet wrote:

On a few conferences, I have specific questions.

LinuxCon Japan - who is going there next year? Will there be
openSUSE peeps staffing a booth? Anyone up for that?

I myself didn't attend LinuxCon Japan last year, but as far as I know,
there wasn't any booth by FLOSS communities at the site last year and
there won't be this year, neither. It is a session-oriented event and since it costs $300 ($75 for students) to attend it, there will be only few consumers and end users (most attendees are core developers and business persons).

So, if you are going to attend this event next year, there might be 2

- Novell will sponsor the event and you are going to have a talk
session as one of the Novell employees by using reserved time frame
for sponsors.
e.g. http://events.linuxfoundation.org/2010/linuxcon-japan/kroah-hartman
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/2010/linuxcon-japan/bottomley

- Apply for the session as community manager of openSUSE project aside
from Novell.

I'm not sure whether I will be able to attend the event next year or not
ATM, but I'd like to be there and help you any way I can. ;-)

# I've filled some stuff about LinuxCon Japan in on the spreadsheet.

Best,

--
_/_/ Satoru Matsumoto - openSUSE Member - Japan _/_/
_/_/ Marketing/Weekly News/openFATE Screening Team _/_/