Re: [zypp-devel] multiarch/noarch not working with repomd repos
  • From: "T.C. Hollingsworth" <tchollingsworth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:58:09 -0700
Michael Andres wrote:
On Monday 15 August 2011 18:13:43 T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
For some reason, zypper can't find noarch& i686 (I'm on x86_64)
packages. It seems to be parsing the metadata correctly because
repomd2solv shows them and zypper can install them if I force the arch
in zypp.conf.

Might be the same problem the MeeGo guys experienced a few weeks ago (using
gcc-4.6). Maybe the workaround described below helps:

------
So the question is how to let gobals in Arch.cc being initialized first,
how to control the initialization sequence.

We currently depend on the linker, and it might be the policy changed with
4.6, that's why it broke. I'll see how to fix his.

For now you may try this: Look into the zypp/CMakeLists.txt. You'll find the
ADD_LIBRARY line. Reverse the input list of sources:

+ list( REVERSE zypp_lib_SRCS )
ADD_LIBRARY(zypp SHARED ${zypp_lib_SRCS})
------

Worked great, thanks!

-T.C.