RE: [zypp-devel] How to use libzypp-bindings to create a sysroot from a repo? (fixed in 0.5.5)
  • From: "Yang, Yi Y" <yi.y.yang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 08:45:49 +0800
Thanks a lot. I'll try it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus Kaempf [mailto:kkaempf@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:45 PM
To: Yang, Yi Y
Cc: Michael Andres; zypp-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [zypp-devel] How to use libzypp-bindings to create a sysroot
from a
repo? (fixed in 0.5.5)

* Yang, Yi Y <yi.y.yang@xxxxxxxxx> [Nov 16. 2010 08:56]:
Hi, I have two issues and hope you can be concerned about and fix it.

Hi,

sorry it took so long to catch up with this.

if I have a resolving issue, the below code can't work

if not Z.resolver().resolvePool():
for problem in Z.resolver().problems():
print "%s" % problem.description()
raise "Solver Error"

The result is:

swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'ResolverProblemList *', no
destructor found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "list_resolvables.py", line 99, in <module>
for problem in Z.resolver().problems():
TypeError: 'SwigPyObject' object is not iterable

This is fixed now in 'master' branch of libzypp-bindings.

The fix for the other issue (AttributeError: 'SwigPyObject' object has
no attribute 'filename') will come in a moment.

Both are caused by lack of 'knowledge' by swig about the internal data
structures of libzypp. The short-time fix is to add more %include
statements to swig (thereby increasing the overall size of the
bindings), the long-term fix is to base the bindings on a new API
concept (see branch 'new_api' in git).

Klaus
---