Re: [zypp-devel] List unnecessary dependencies
  • From: "Ricardo Cruz" <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 16:01:36 +0200
Hi there,

I was coding a python test case for this, but I can't
seem to be able to initialize zypp with the local RPM
database.

import zypp
_zypp = zypp.ZYppFactory_instance().getZYpp()
_target = _zypp.initializeTarget(zypp.Pathname(" ? "))
(...)
_pool = _zypp.pool()
print "pool size:", _pool.size() # zero :-(

What string should I pass to _zypp.initializeTarget() ?

I have tried to dig up yast2 code on this, but couldn't
pin down where initialization of the local database gets
done, and other sources weren't more successful.

Thanks,
Ricardo

Quoting "Ricardo Cruz" <rpmcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi there,

So, another approach would be to manually do something like:

l = []
for p in pool:
if p.installedBySolver():
needed = False
for q in pool:
if q.requires (p):
needed = True
break
if not needed:
l.append (p)

Is there some p.installedBySolver() method though?

If not, is there a cheaper way to implement then, than digging
up the respective log in parser::HistoryLogReader.

Thanks,
Ricardo