RE: [zypp-devel] Make PK zypp backend work behind a firewall
  • From: "Zhu, Peter J" <peter.j.zhu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 21:41:48 +0800
From: Michael Andres [mailto:ma@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 4:03 PM
To: zypp-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [zypp-devel] Make PK zypp backend work behind a firewall

On Wednesday 03 March 2010 07:07:58 Zhu, Peter J wrote:
Hi,

I just found PK zypp backend can't work behind a firewall. After reading
some source code, there are two ways to do this.

1. PK actually reads proxy info and saves it internally. Zypp backend can
get this info by pk_backend_get_proxy_http. But current libzypp doesn't
export any function about setting proxy in media/MediaXX.h. So we need add
some API in media/MediaXX.h so that pk backend can call this set proxy info

This should be doable.

2. Add a new proxy info class like ProxyInfoGconf that reads gconf setting
of proxy, that's much more common than /etc/sysconfig/proxy.

I suppose reading /etc/sysconfig/proxy was implemented to immediately honor
any proxy configuration changes applied by YaST.

But outside YaST the behavior is problematic. IMO we should leave it to
aria2c/curl to evaluate the proxy settings from the environment. An interface
as in [1.] can then be used by the application to explicitly set different
proxy data.

There are also some bugreports addressing this.

I think we can do this change this for factory (11.3, libzypp-7.x).

What's the git tree I can check?