Re: [zypp-devel] Re: Fwd: Product file is ignored; only content file is used
  • From: Jiří Suchomel <jsuchome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:19:15 +0100
On Wednesday 25 of November 2009 16:09:40 Michael Andres wrote:
On Wednesday 25 November 2009 15:58:50 Jiří Suchomel wrote:
Hi zypp-ers,

customer created release package that includes .prod file, which is
installed into /etc/products.d. However, even when the package is
installed, zypp does not know about new product.

I assume there's something missing in the .prod file, but what is it? In
other ways, how zypp knows which product is installed?

The /etc/products.d/*.prod files are parsed.

If the .prod file is present, but the poduct is not shown, send me the
.prod file (or bugreport and attach). Maybe it's malformed and it's a
parser problem that this is not reported.

Hm, after experimenting, I see that now 'zypper pd' shows the product (BTW,
yes, provides are OK). I'm not sure why it didn't show for the first time:
maybe refresh was needed or maybe it was my fault that I haven't seen it.

I'll continue investigating (maybe other stuff was wrong, too) and be back
when I find anything interesting.

Thanks so far!

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960