[zypp-devel] How to best setup a zypper compatible repository
  • From: Bernhard Rosenkränzer <br@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:57:55 +0200
Hi,
with the patches to sat-solver and libzypp I've posted last night and
earlier today, zypper seems to work with rpm5 -- I could successfully
uninstall a library and everything that depends on it.

Now I'm going to make our repositories compatible with zypper -- but I
couldn't find a lot of documentation on how to do that on the server side.
Looking at the download.videolan.org repository listed as an example in
http://en.opensuse.org/Zypper/Usage, I see it uses a .repo and a .ymp file
for its metadata -- but wouldn't just dumping a solv file in the
repository, generated with "rpms2solv *.rpm" do the trick without having to
do a conversion on the fly?

If .repo+.ymp is indeed the way to go, what would I use to autogenerate a
ymp file from the packages?
If a .solv file is the way to go, what other files are needed and what is
the best directory layout? solv file in the top level directory with
i586/x86_64/src/... directories below it?

Thanks
bero