Re: [zypp-devel] find/use fastest mirror?
  • From: PGNet <pgnet.trash+osyast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:55:28 -0700
hi,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 8:26 AM, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett
<dmacvicar@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Please read:
http://duncan.mac-vicar.com/blog/archives/507
http://duncan.mac-vicar.com/blog/archives/517

aha. thanks.

You may want to try the following experiment.
This _may_ work for speed issues. Not likely for failover, IIRC 11.1
aria2c backend had a bug that interprets mirror switches as failures,
and that one is only fixed in Factory, I am curious about the experiment
above.

installed & setup.

zypper still seems to work :-) now to watch & see mirror selection
for updates with many mirrors (half the time it seems the only
available mirror is ftp5.gwdg.de, anyway ... which has become slooooow
...)

if there's some specific test that you'd like, pls let me know --
otherwise i'll simply report back as i stumble on results.

thanks.