Re: [zypp-devel] How to add multiple baseurl=URIs to zypper repo from command line?
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 15:39:47 +0100
On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 03:29:17PM +0100, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
I'm afraid that an undefined behavior cannot be "fixed" in Libzypp
unless it is defined in yum.

Push upstream (yum) to define that and fix accordingly, don't define
your own incompatible way unless needed.

L.

I think robustness on the network side can be achieved much better with
the aria2 way.

However 2 ideas come to my mind.
- make possible to open a media with multiple urls, and if the backend
allows (like aria) we can pass all them.
- the multiple urls seem useful for having a CD and http repo at the
same time. If network is down, you use CD, if you dont have the CD
loaded, you use network.

I think what I just described in my other mail is another valid usecase.
(Although it is really an edge case.)

The aria2 way helps where the download server serves metalinks, but it
doesn't help for 3rd party repositories which just runs an ordinary
Apache. So fallback URLs can be useful sometimes. Of course, otherwise I
agree that in most cases that concern openSUSE the aria2 way is all
that's needed.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development