Re: [zypp-devel] How to add multiple baseurl=URIs to zypper repo from command line?
  • From: Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:07:03 +0100

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
Lukas Ocilka wrote:
I can't see any possibility for multiple baseurl entries in .repo file
(or any other entry) in the documentation:
http://en.opensuse.org/Standards/RepoInfo

Well, the first guys implementing the "standard" (yum) do actually
support multiple urls. libzypp supports it code-wise, but it is not a
feature, mainly because the behavior is undefined:

from yum man page:

*baseurl*
Must be a URL to the directory where the yum repository's 'repodata'
directory lives. Can be an http://, ftp:// or file:// URL. You can
specify multiple URLs in one baseurl statement. The best way to do
this is like this:
[repositoryid]
name=Some name for this repository
baseurl=url://server1/path/to/repository/
url://server2/path/to/repository/
url://server3/path/to/repository/

If you list more than one baseurl= statement in a repository you
will find yum will ignore the earlier ones and probably act
bizarrely. Don't do this, you've been warned.

eh. So do we do:

baseurl=url://server1/path/to/repository/
url://server2/path/to/repository/

or

baseurl=url://server1/path/to/repository/
baseurl=url://server2/path/to/repository/

I guess the former, according to the yum help. That means fixing in
libzypp's RepoFileReader, IIRC?

- --
cheers,
jano

Ján Kupec
YaST team
Key ID: 637EE901
Fingerprint: 93B9 C79B 2D20 51C3 800B E09B 8048 46A6 637E E901
Server: irc.freenode.net
Nick: jniq
Channels: #zypp #yast #suse #susecz