[zypp-devel] [ANNOUNCE] ZYpp project migrated to git.opensuse.org and more!
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 12:25:08 +0100

You may have noticed (or not?) that svn.opensuse.org/svn/zypp is now
read-only :-)

Just a few hours ahead of the original plan ;-) the ZYpp project
repository is now hosted on
git.opensuse.org.

The following pages were updated to reflect the move:

http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/Devel
http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Management/Sat_Solver

Those also link to the new pages, written as a starting point:

http://en.opensuse.org/Git
http://en.opensuse.org/Git_Hosting

Those pages should cover how to checkout the code (change svn checkout
for git clone and svn up to gut pull ), as well starting points for
contributors. If you are going to contribute please learn the basics
about pushing, merging vs rebasing when developing features in private
branches, etc. You can contribute with or without push access (you can
push patches that can be sent to the mailing list). Your checkout is the
full repository and history, which allows you to "maintain" your own
forks and keep them in sync.

Note, for push access, I need your ssh keys, unless they are already in
another project in git.opensuse.org.

Not everything was about git. We needed to replicate the automated
building/testing process, which is a core part of the ZYpp team
development model.

The process has been migrated from cruisecontrol.rb to Hudson (
Extensible continuous integration engine, https://hudson.dev.java.net/)
which provides better job handling support, plugins and it is not tied
to svn.

I would like to thank R. Tyler at #hudson@freenode for fixing one of the
bugs in the Hudson git2 plugin that made most of the problems ;-)

As new features is that we now build zypper, and building PackageKit
automatically from upstream over our libzypp-head is also coming soon!

As expected, we have yet to check that the repositories are correct. We
don't expect any problems and everything looks good, but just be
prepared for minor issues, also with the automatic build, notifications,
spam, etc ;-) Please test the repositories and tell us about any problem.

Duncan