Re: [zypp-devel] New feature (usability): Report progress in resolving dependency
Klaus,

Thank you for the quick reply, I wasn't aware of this change in openSUSE
11.

With this new type of resolver, we can now document to our clients that
package resolving shouldn't take any time at all and if it does, we can
guarantee that the machine is frozen and must be rebooted? I know this
new resolver is deadlock free, but the machine might hang for any other
reason, even malfunctioning hardware. Unless we can tell our clients for
sure that it will NEVER take long (by long I'm thinking more then 10
seconds), I think we would still have a possible usability problem.

And as a side note, I haven't been keeping up with the latest computer
science theories, but as I remember, SAT is a classic NP-Complete
problem which would be the opposite to the definition of fast =)
Nice to know that someone came up with a good algorithm (approximation?)
for it.

Thank you,