Re: [zypp-devel] vendor
  • From: Stanislav Visnovsky <visnov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 10:00:12 +0200
Dňa Tuesday 02 September 2008 09:55:53 Martin Vidner ste napísal:
Hi,

I have tried to update oS 11.0 to SLES 11 Alpha2 using zypper dup.

Apples to oranges? Please, don't do that.

The proposed transaction only contained a dozen of packages, and it
turned out that zypp thinks the SLES packages have no vendor
specified. Is that a known bug? (Or a "feature"?)

Hard to tell with such crazy scenario.

Consequently the solver thought that I would be changing the vendor
of all packages and did not allow to update them.
So I thought never mind, there I see a mention of "vendors.d" in the
log file where I should be able to say that the empty vendor is
equivalent to "SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany".

But there is no documentation :(
(And after reading the code I suspect that it is unusable because it
assumes the vendor name does not contain a comma.)
Is this supposed to work at all?

No sure, but again, please, stick to a reasonable scenario first.

Stano