Re: [zypp-devel] Trying to try out MediaAria2c handler...
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:10:28 +0200
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 09:51:46PM +0200, Peter Poeml wrote:
Error: Missing Dependency: satsolver-tools = 0.10.4 is needed by package
libzypp-5.7.0-3.1.i586 (home_gfarrasb_branches_zypp_svn)
[...]
% osc search --package satsolver-tools
No matches found for 'satsolver-tools' in packages

It turns out that "osc search" wasn't the best way to look for that
package, because it is a subpackage which isn't seen in this way. I
found the package in the zypp:svn project in the end, built for openSUSE
11.0 and I could installs it fine, together with libzypp, after
deinstalling all yast packages.

Now, embarrassingly, I have to admit I need instructions of the sort
"how to use zypper for dummies". Every poor soul can type "yum update"
and it'll work, but with zyppper I have tried all kind of things and
none of them seems to work for me:

zypper addservice
'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/poeml/openSUSE_11.0/'
home_poeml
zypper refresh
zypper update
zypper -t package update
zypper update -t package

But looking into zypper.log as well as the Apache logs at
download.opensuse.org, I don't see a single bit of network access.

What do I have to do? :-)

Then, a disturbing fact I need to nitpick on is that zypper removing all
my old kernels at the very top of its todo list:

# zypper update -t package
Reading installed packages...

The following packages are going to be REMOVED:
kernel-pae kernel-default kernel-default kernel-default kernel-default

After the operation, 283.9 M will be freed.
Continue? [YES/no]:

Stano mentioned that this is fixed in Factory. I use zypper from
zypp:svn. What do I need to do?

Thanks
Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH