Re: [zypp-devel] package history log file format
  • From: Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:05:16 +0200
Klaus Kaempf wrote:
* Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx> [Jul 31. 2008 15:44]:
But first things first: if we are going to log the origin of packages (vendor, repo, etc..). We should first clarify what will be the *purpose* of this 'origin' data. What do we want to accomplish with this.

To unambiguously identify which package was installed/updated/removed.

OK. What about the *vendor* and the package *signing key* plus the *checksum* then? Such triple should not be fake-able.

It should also serve as a 'rollback' information, if one must revert an
update.

But that would be possible only until the original packages stay in the repository, or?