[zypp-devel] Re: [softwaremgmt] Re: zypp-refresh
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 16:37:56 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008, Jan Kupec wrote:

(Its what I would expect ;)

Agreed. What sense would the autorefresh setting have if it wouldn't
affect automatic refreshing.

The autorefresh is meant to trigger refresh when you do something for
which repo data are needed, and it is not an explicit refresh call
(which is meant to refresh all repos).

Which is probably the case of the updater applet. But if you call
zypp-refresh on the command line, you could as well expect that it will
refresh all repos.

Hmm. I for instance switch off auto-refresh on repos which are not always
available (for instance on my laptop I have some SuSE internal repos, that
can only be accessed from inside SuSE or over RAS) and would cause hanging
if they were touched automatically.

Ciao,
Michael.