Re: [zypp-devel] Re: Detecting non-synced repos
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:47:33 +0200
Michael Andres wrote:
Why class Repository? This requires to load the .solv into the pool, just to be able to access these data. Wouldn't you like to have this informatin in advance.

I would expect this to be offered by RepoInfo, retrieving the data directly from the .solv file / repomd.xml, if not yet loaded into the pool.

for ( all repoInfos )

if ( ! repoInfo.enabled() )
continue

refreshIfNeeded( repoInfo );

if ( repoInfo.maybeOutdated() && userWntsToSkipIt() )
continue

loadFromCache( repoInfo );

Valid point.

The problem is we get that values from the metadata, so is the sat-solver who parses the value, and we don't want to break the clean design of those tools to write to a non-solv file.

May be the solution is to output that data to a separate solv file, however, you still need to load the repo in the pool to look the attributes.

Duncan