Re: [zypp-devel] zypper performance gone bad, bad, bad
  • From: josef reidiner <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 21:56:21 +0200
Michael Matz napsal(a):
Hi,

On Sat, 17 May 2008, Stephan Kulow wrote:

What I don't understand is, why zypper addlock fate adds

type: package
match_type: glob
case_sensitive: on
solvable_name: fate

Shouldn't the match be exact unless I specify glob chars? Or is
this logic while reading?

I would guess so, yes, but right now zypper just simply hardcodes glob matching. In the end it doesn't really matter as matching a string with fnmatch(3) that doesn't contain glob chars is equivalent to string matching.

So it's only 50% slower with 8 locks. That's an improvement against the 1700% with my old locks file.

Still not ideal, but at least no blocker anymore.

Ciao,
Michael.

I still think, that the best way is different implementation for exact matching (YaST use it (?) ). Good is same index on name (is something liek that already exist on pool?) which can fast find by exact matching like some tree(O(log(n))) or hashing (O(1)). Then when user choose from UI e.g. 100 exact packaga for lock, you only need 100 quick look to index during each start.
Pepa