Re: [zypp-devel] RFC: config Parameter ShowSearchDetails
  • From: Jano Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 16:08:49 +0200
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 15.05.2008 at 15:03, Jan Kupec <jkupec@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hi,

Recently, the search within zypper was changed to no longer show version
information and repositories holding a package.
Either I just got to used to it or I'm really missing it.

I know of the --details switch, which became a standard for me by now and I
was wondering if there were any plans for a config switch (/etc/zypp/zypp.conf) like
ShowSearchDetails: {true,false}
Yes, .zypperc is becoming more and more requested.

BTW, there is also a '-s' shorthand for '--details'

Jan,

Thank you for this shortcut, to bad without knowledge of the code, it is not
documented :) can you apply the attached patch so that everybody can know of it
by using the help system of zypper?

I know :O) I decided to fix this only in translations due to the text freeze, but on the second thought i could as well do it in the string itself and sync the translations. I'll do so.

j.