[zypp-devel] zypper odds
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 19:06:31 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I have cleaned the rpm db (manually - since zypper did not let me do
it) from any packages I do not want, and given that clean slate, let's
begin there:

beta1:/home/salestv # zypper in sensors
Reading installed packages...

The following NEW packages are going to be installed:

yast2-trans-en_US yast2-registration suseRegister
opensuse-manual_en bundle-lang-common-en bash-completion uuid-runtime
sensors readline-doc perl-doc perl-TimeDate orbit2 openobex
obex-data-server nss-mdns limal-ca-mgm-perl limal-ca-mgm libtasn1-3
libtasn1 libsoup-2_4-1 libsoup libsensors4 libgvfscommon0 libgphoto2
libgnutls26 libgio-2_0-0 libfuse2 libexif libavahi-glib1 libavahi-core5
libavahi-common3 libavahi-client3 libarchive2 gvfs-fuse gvfs-backends
gvfs gtk2-branding-upstream gnome-keyring gconf2 fuse ft2demos
checkmedia bluez-libs bash-doc avahi alsa-plugins alsa-oss
PolicyKit-doc

Overall download size: 29.1 M. After the operation, additional 61.5 M
will be used.
Continue? [YES/no]:

No way does sensors need documentation.
Why is this counterproductive setting enabled, and where can it be
changed?