Re: [zypp-devel] zypper dup
  • From: Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:17:19 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008, Klaus Kaempf wrote:

* Michael Andres <ma@xxxxxxx> [Feb 12. 2008 16:04]:

You may prefer (policy) to keep the architecture of an installed
package. But if you change the architecture, you most probably want
the 'best' architecture available.

Right, this is a policy which is currently defined as

- keep architecture during 'maintenance' updates
- choose 'best' architecture during 'distribution' updates

But that 'best' architecture needs to be at least compatible with the
system. That isn't checked anywhere. My hack checks the wrong thing (but
conservatively correct) and I mentioned this. But that's only because I
don't know how to retrieve the system Arch. If somebody tells me, I can
change the lines to

"candidate.arch().compatibleWidth (systemArch())"

Ciao,
Michael.