Re: [zypp-devel] libzypp for openSUSE 11.0
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:01:29 +0100
Am Montag 05 November 2007 schrieb Benji Weber:
On Monday 05 November 2007 08:59:41 Michael Matz wrote:
The general plan is to rely on an xdelta/rsync like algorithm,

This should give some savings. It should be possible to get better
savings with a custom diff that could be generated by createrepo. It
would only need to include the changed package details, and could diff
things like the description which I suspect don't change frequently
even in factory. Then generate a primary.xml.<oldtimestamp> or
something as a diff from that timestamp.

This would be a lot more work than just adding zsync to the download
layer though.