Re: [zypp-devel] Satsolver & solvable install size
  • From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:14:22 +0100
On Monday 29 October 2007 16:53:54 you wrote:
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
Actually this function is also in the language bindings.

The project I'm working on now is written in C, and the sat-solver C API
doesn't seem to have anything. So I'm currently using a local tweaked
version of the function in deptestomatic.c, modified to search all
repositories in a pool for the package name.

we should have both functions, they are both useful

That reminds me, though, has there been work on a python wrapper?

I could easily generate bindings for C#, Java, Python, Perl etc.

For python I need to implement iterators.

in ruby I can do object.each_something do |foo| { do something with foo } and
in the bindings can get foos in real time, without needeing to have a
preallocated list of foos. The each function calculate them and send them to
the block passed. This s useful when you don't have the list to iterate, and
you figure it at run time.

Python does not have this cool thing, they have iterators, and I searched on
how to implement an iterator from C and the level of documentation seems to
be very bad.

Duncan