Re: [yast-devel] Table sorting and locales in YaST UI

Hello,

On May 3 16:08 Ladislav Slezak wrote (excerpt):
I found out that sorting a table in Yast does not work the same way
in all UIs.
So how to solve all these problems?

If the automated table sorting does not work for your use case,
(which probably happens in almost all non-trivial use cases),
sort your table content in your own code so that you control the result
and explicitly forbid the UI to change the ordering of your content,
i.e. use:

`Table ( `opt( `keepSorting ), your_sorted_table_content )

I do this everywhere because "since ever" automated table sorting
didn't work for my use cases.

I am not a UI programming expert but I was rather surprised
when I found out that by default the UI changes the content.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner