Re: [yast-devel] Table sorting and locales in YaST UI
Dne 4.5.2012 10:31, Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
On Thu May 3 2012 16:08:56 Ladislav Slezak wrote:
- The numeric sorting problem can be solved by padding numbers with zeroes
instead of spaces e.g. "090" instead of " 90" - it does not look nice but I
haven't found any better solution. Any idea? (I tried some tricks with UTF-8
non-breakable space but that didn't help.)

I'd propose _NOT_ to add zeros to the ycp code, because it makes the table
unreadable. It's an UI issue that needs to be fixed in the UI.

I just fixed the numeric sorting in yast2-qt (version 2.22.6). Columns that
contain digits only are sorted in numeric order now.

Wow, good idea! Thanks!

Would it be possible to put a regexp there? I mean, the repository module
the priority number but for 99 it adds _(" (default)") suffix so the actual
value is "99 (default)". That's because users can easily see what's the default
which repos have higer/lower priority than the default.

(BTW the default value 99 looks strange, at least for me, I would use 100...
This is
another reason to explicitly tell users that value 99 is OK.)

Or any other idea to force numeric sorting even for not completely numeric

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer
Lihovarsk√° 1060/12
190 00 Prague 9 / Czech Republic