Re: [yast-devel] Table sorting and locales in YaST UI
Dne 4.5.2012 10:31, Thomas Goettlicher napsal(a):
On Thu May 3 2012 16:08:56 Ladislav Slezak wrote:
[...]
- The numeric sorting problem can be solved by padding numbers with zeroes
instead of spaces e.g. "090" instead of " 90" - it does not look nice but I
haven't found any better solution. Any idea? (I tried some tricks with UTF-8
non-breakable space but that didn't help.)

I'd propose _NOT_ to add zeros to the ycp code, because it makes the table
unreadable. It's an UI issue that needs to be fixed in the UI.

I just fixed the numeric sorting in yast2-qt (version 2.22.6). Columns that
contain digits only are sorted in numeric order now.

Wow, good idea! Thanks!

Would it be possible to put a regexp there? I mean, the repository module
display
the priority number but for 99 it adds _(" (default)") suffix so the actual
displayed
value is "99 (default)". That's because users can easily see what's the default
and
which repos have higer/lower priority than the default.

(BTW the default value 99 looks strange, at least for me, I would use 100...
This is
another reason to explicitly tell users that value 99 is OK.)

Or any other idea to force numeric sorting even for not completely numeric
values?

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer