Re: [yast-devel] yast++ name
On Friday, September 02, 2011 10:58:06 am Josef Reidinger wrote:
Thomas Goettlicher write:
I wonder if 'yast++' or 'yast--' are names that might cause trouble
sometime in the future because of the '+' or '-' in it.

I wasn't very happy with the version number as part of the package name
in yast2. Using '++' or '--' might be even worse, e.g. rpm uses '-' as
delimiter. There are more examples where it might cause conflicts, I
guess.

What's your opinion?

Thanks.
Thomas

YaST++/-- is just codename for project. Packages ( now located at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=YaST%3AHead%3Ayastpp ( not
all packages packaked yet, WIP ) has own names, which is not problem for
RPM. Josef

The project's name is 'YaST++', in git it's called 'yast--' and the
buildservice projects is 'yastpp'. That's somehow inconsistent and might
confuse newbies. I'd prefer a unique name.

Cheers,
Thomas

--
Thomas Goettlicher
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,