Re: [yast-devel] yast++ name
Thomas Goettlicher write:
I wonder if 'yast++' or 'yast--' are names that might cause trouble sometime
in the future because of the '+' or '-' in it.

I wasn't very happy with the version number as part of the package name in
yast2. Using '++' or '--' might be even worse, e.g. rpm uses '-' as
delimiter.
There are more examples where it might cause conflicts, I guess.

What's your opinion?

Thanks.
Thomas

YaST++/-- is just codename for project. Packages ( now located at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=YaST%3AHead%3Ayastpp ( not all
packages packaked yet, WIP ) has own names, which is not problem for RPM.
Josef

--
Josef Reidinger
Appliance Toolkit team