Re: [yast-devel] Changing the Attitude to Coding YaST
Klaus Kaempf write:
* Roberto Angelino <rangelino@xxxxxxxxxx> [Jun 08. 2011 16:53]:
I believe that you have other ideas how to improve the development - how
to make the development and maintenance easier for you and/or the
others. Or you maybe have an opinion on the ideas I just presented.
Share them with us, please! :)

I have a suggestion that would make supporting yast way easier:

Yast D E B U G G E R!!!!!

Most successful computer languages have debuggers. Why doesn't Yast
have one?

YaST developers are real hackers, doing debug prints only.

SCNR !

Actually, there never was a strong need for a debugger. It was
discussed a few times, but never got sufficient traction/priority
to get implemented.

For me debugger and profiller is also critical things, because debug prints is
just what is set, but doesn't say why and who the hell change extra freecoolin
global variable which cause my L3 incident.
But as I said, we should focus on our goal and not reinvent wheel.

Klaus
---
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,
HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany

--
Josef Reidinger
Appliance Toolkit team