Re: [yast-devel] contributing using c/c++?
Dne úterý 15 Březen 2011 13:59:16 Tsiapaliwkas Giorgos napsal(a):
thank to all of you for answering me questions.

some more questions,if i don't want to get involved with bindings the
programming languages that i have to know is c++ (for libzypp) and YCP?

You can stay safely on C++ ground in YaST (core, libyui etc., as mentioned
before).
And btw, libzypp is not YaST backend, it's really software management library,
while software management is only part of YaST.

where is the vim plugin for YCP?

In yast2-devtools package.

starting me reading in order to contribute first i have to learn YCP??
Is there some kind of programming which will help me?
In order to be more understood here is an example,

To start programming in YCP, there's a tutorial here:
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/openSUSE11.3/tutorials/index.html

But you really don't have to write in YCP, there are C++ parts here.

Jiri

--
Jiri Suchomel

Lihovarská 1060/12 tel: +420 284 028 960