* Thomas Goettlicher <thomas.goettlicher@xxxxxxx> [Feb 10. 2011 15:22]:

Your attached diagram looks similar to the overview designed by jdsn and me:

Not quite.

+---+---+---+---+ +--------------+
| Q | N | g | c | |webyast client|
| t | C | t | m | +------+-------+
| | | k | d | |
+---+---+---+ | http
| libyui | | |
+-----------+ +-----------+---+ +------+-------+
| lib shell | | yast modules | | rest service |
+-----------+--------+---------------+----------+--------------+
| common lib: reads/writes config files, starts/stops services |
| integration of polkit and zypp |
| SYSTEM |

Perhaps rest service should sit on top of yast modules.

Yes.

And what is 'lib shell' ?
A CLI interface should also sit on top of 'yast modules'.

The 'common lib' is too low level. I would expect it to be like Augeas
for config file editing. Whats the value of such an API over 'vi' ?

Klaus
---