On Friday, January 28, 2011 04:50:10 pm Arvin Schnell wrote:
So what seems desirable and feasible? Some ideas:

1) Replace YCP with some common language? With more that 100
modules this looks impossible.

2) Allow a common language next to YCP? A good integration seems
difficult.

3) Improve YCP (at least fix bugs)? Do we want that?

4) Better bindings of C/C++ libraries for YCP?

Other suggestion?

Replacing all YCP code at once seems to be impossible. If we want to offer a
new language for YaST we should choose _one_ and then stick to it. New modules
can be written in this new language and old modules can be ported one by one
if needed and when time permits.

If we choose the way as described above, YCP will stay for a longer period and
therefore it makes sense to fix major YCP bugs.

--
Thomas Goettlicher