[yast-devel] Documentation?
  • From: Birger Kollstrand <birger.kollstrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 11:51:13 +0200
Hi,

I'm trying to find information on the yast-autofs module. I'm
updating/setting up a new file server and need autofs to work as it
serves NFS shares to the clients during log on.

From the page http://en.opensuse.org/Yast there is a lot of empty
links. Is it all under a move of some sorts?

My specific question is something I think I found an answer for a
couple of years ago... but I can't find it anymore.

The Yast autofs module gives an error message:
"LDAP configuration error.
You must configure LDAP to use the autofs module.
You can do it by using the Yast ldap module."
The autofs Help button cannot be used as the error message blocks that
and the complete autofs module disappears when pressing OK on the
error message.

In the Yast 's LDAP configuration I can't find any direct reference to
autofs. But if I remember correctly there is a schema that needs to be
added.
Any help in moving forward on this would be appreciated.

I think the error message is a bit vague and should be updated to give
a better understanding for the user on how to solve the issue. If
there is an interest in that among the developers then I can write a
bug report on it.

And finally, how is the new wiki page meant to be used? Could I add my
experiences on how to use autofs/ldap there when I have resolved my
issues?

Kind regards

BIrger