Re: [yast-devel] Re: WebYaST on the Wiki
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:55:10 +0200
Hey,

On 20.07.2010 12:51, Jiří Suchomel wrote:
On Tuesday 20 of July 2010 12:25:43 Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hey Martin,

On 19.07.2010 13:58, Martin Vidner wrote:
on Tuesday you said you were transferring the content to
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Portal:YaST . Do you plan to do more there
or can we take over now?

By all means that was not meant to stop you from doing anything. I also
said that you are welcome to help :)

Sure, but are you transferring the content or does it wait for us?

Sorry i don't understand what you are asking for. Can you please
elaborate? :)

Now when I look at
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Category:YaST and
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Category:WebYaST ,
where should we put the content to ensure that it is not swept away
by a well-meant reorganization?

Where it belongs. Where what belongs is documented in detail on

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wiki

When the page content present on the old wiki now belongs to some different
category, should there be bunch of redirects, right?

No. The new wiki is a completely new wiki/page. We don't want to be
backward compatible (with the exception of VERY popular pages).

I guess people expect their favorite pages to stay at the same URL for some
time...

Well now is the time where they have to update their bookmarks. The web
is not static.

I also blogged about the changes several times on news.o.o

http://news.opensuse.org/category/wiki-2/

One point at this place is

"Report Missing Pages"

which is actually what are we doing now.

Okay, if you don't want to/can't help we can do it for you. No problem,
it just will take some time.

Or should we report page by page?

No need to no.

Henne