[yast-devel] Re: WebYaST on the Wiki
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:25:43 +0200
Hey Martin,

On 19.07.2010 13:58, Martin Vidner wrote:

on Tuesday you said you were transferring the content to
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Portal:YaST . Do you plan to do more there
or can we take over now?

By all means that was not meant to stop you from doing anything. I also
said that you are welcome to help :)

Now when I look at
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Category:YaST and
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Category:WebYaST ,
where should we put the content to ensure that it is not swept away
by a well-meant reorganization?

Where it belongs. Where what belongs is documented in detail on

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Wiki

I also blogged about the changes several times on news.o.o

http://news.opensuse.org/category/wiki-2/

I guess that using the oS wiki for project development documents is
somewhat unusual, perhaps we should use some other place?

Project development documents (and collaborative editing of them) is one
of the three things we do with the openSUSE wiki! The only thing that
changed from the old wiki in that respect is that it's organized and
split from the the end-user product presentation and documentation. In
short:

Product presentation - Main namespace (all pages without prefix)
Problem solutions - Support namespace (SDB: prefix)
Project documents - Project namespace (openSUSE: prefix)

So you just fill in all your pages into the right namespace and then you
use the wiki tools Portal, Categories and Navbars to connect them again.

If you need any help with that let us know :)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson