[yast-devel] Few notes about git
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 09:17:10 +0200
Hi,
I recently finished reading of pro-GIT book and I found there few usefull
commands ( maybe common command with interesting option).

usefull commands:
git add --patch (see man) - more universal git add -i
git diff --check
git log <branch2> --not <branch> better one is git log <branch>..<branch2>
git log --left-right <branch>...<branch2>
git rebase -i <rev>
git blame -C
git submodule
file .gitattributes and e.g. filters
git fsck --full

I also found link to site where is specified how should goot commit message
look so all options e.g. for log work as expected.
http://tbaggery.com/2008/04/19/a-note-about-git-commit-messages.html

--
Josef Reidinger
YaST team